Captain’s Jeff and Mary Poe, the owners of Big Lake Guide Service, would like to invite you to Southwest Louisiana to enjoy some of the finest fly and light tackle saltwater fishing on the Gulf Coast.
Our service has been in operation since 1984 and has grown from one boat to seven boats. Calcasieu Lake and its tributaries are nationally known for the trophy speckled “sow” trout that it produces each year.
All of our charterboat captains are U.S. Coast Guard licensed and insured, to guide you safely through your fishing adventure. All of our captains are full-time employees and have numerous hours of experience on the waters of Calcasieu Lake and close offshore rigs. They are very knowledgable, personable, helpful and friendly.
In Calcasieu Lake and surrounding marshes, you can expect to catch the following species of fish:
Most Sought After:
- Speckled Trout
- Black Drum
- Sand Trout
In the Gulf of Mexico and along our many miles of beaches, you will find many species lurking. Not only will you catch Trout and Reds, you may also experience the fight of the following:
- “Bull” Reds
- Triple Tail
- Spanish Mackerel
All of the above species and many others are located near the oil platforms just offshore.
A full day of fishing lasts about 8 hours. We like to leave our dock at first, safe light. All charters will depart from our dock unless other arrangements are made in advance.
With a rising demand for the half day option, we decided to introduce this package half-day package on Calcasieu Lake at a reasonable price! It will include, fishing for up to three people for 4 hours. These trips can be run either morning or evening at your convenience.
Our goal is to make sure that we give you and your guest our utmost attention, so that your experience with Big Lake Guide will be your most memorable.
Please Note: Prices subject to change due to Fuel Price fluctuation
Big Lake Guide Service Furnishes The Following:
- Seven center console, fully equipped open fisherman boats
- Ice for fish
- Baits – Soft bodied jigs
- U.S. Coast Guard Licensed & State Licensed Captains
- 1-3 people Lake Half-Day (4 hrs) $500
- 1-3 people Inland Charter $650
- 1-3 people Gulf Charter $700
- Rods & Reels – Available upon request. (no charge)
Fishermen Are To Bring The Following Items:
- Rods & Reels
- Food & Drinks
- Ice Chest to carry fish home
- Fishing License – You may purchase your license over the telephone by calling 1-888-765-2602 or Click Here to Purchase Online.
- Resident and Non-resident need to purchase a “Charter Boat Trip License”, Guide License Number: 396760
Extra Charge Items Not Furnished In The Above Prices:
- Fish cleaning – Trout filleted $.50 each, all other species & methods $1.00 each.
- Top water baits and flies
- Live bait
- Meals (includes continental breakfast, sack lunch on boat and dinner) $75.00 per person
- There will be an additional charge for all charters that depart from other locations, other than our dock.
- Gratuity for guide and wait staff is greatly appreciated